Managing Project Financing, the next installment in UDI Capital Region’s ongoing series of RED Management Certificate Program courses, focuses on how to successfully secure financing for your project. Learn how to structure financing, how to pitch a project at each stage, navigating reporting requirements, and more!
– February 3, 2022 3:00pm-5:30pm
– February 10, 2022 3:30pm-5:30pm
– February 17, 2022 3:30pm-5:30pm
Morgan Brewster, CMSI Pacific
My Phung, Phung Horwood
David Eger, Altus Group
Ruta Praulina, Altus Group
Please fill out the appropriate form below. Communication will follow during business hours.
Real Estate Development (RED) Management Certificate Program - Course Five (Member)Member Cost: $395.00 +gst
Real Estate Development (RED) Management Certificate Program - Course Five (Non-Member)Non-Member Cost: $550.00 +gst
Module 1 – February 3, 2022
An overview of financing
- Introduction to the different kinds of financing for each stage of the project
- Introduction to equity and what it wants.
- Introduction to debt and what it wants.
- How to structure financing for different kinds of projects
- Morgan Brewster, CMSI Pacific
Module 2 – February 10, 2022
How to get the money
- Friends and family – how to secure initial equity
- Working with a broker.
- An overview of financing regulations
- What does money want/not want to see in a project
- Creating the project package – work through all the elements needed.
- How to pitch a project at each stage
- To big equity
- To a bank
- How to negotiate
Module 3 – February 17, 2022
Receiving and managing the money
- Introduction to the commitments / contracts:
- Letter of commitment
- Financing agreements
- Overview of how the money will be distributed at different stages
- The role of Quantity Surveyors in releasing monthly funding
- Reporting requirements
- Stories of projects and financing
- Faculty TBA