UDI Capital Region would like to reassure our members that we are still open for business during these unprecedented and challenging circumstances.
Jordan Milne, the chair of UDI Capital Region’s board of directors, has shared this letter to his fellow members.
All UDI committee meetings and other small gatherings will be transitioned to conference calls – other policy and advocacy work will continue to the best of our ability considering the situation that we are dealing with.
We will will do our best to keep the development industry apprised of how the municipalities are moving forward with the development permitting/application processes. All the most recent updates can be found on this page, and updates will be sent out by email as they arise.
Kathy and Sammy will mainly be working remotely. If you need assistance, we can be reached by email or phone:
Kathy Whitcher: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-888-1671
Sammy Paulus: email@example.com or 778-888-1310
We are working with our Pacific Region counterpart to advocate on your behalf to higher levels of government.
March 30 letter to BC government: Immediate Crisis Relief for Property Owners Will Protect Jobs, Aid Recovery, Deliver Hope
March 26 letter to BC government: Property Owners & Landlords Choosing Wages & Mortgage Payments over Taxes & Government Charges
March 24 letter to BC government: Tenant and Landlord Tax Abatement
The following events have been delayed or cancelled:
- March 26th – WUDI Lagree West Workout: Postponed and will be rescheduled later in the year
- April 1st – April Lunch and AGM: “The Changing Landscape of Development” topic will take place at a future lunch, AGM to be rescheduled when possible
- April 8th – U40 Tour of 1008 Pandora: Cancelled and will be rescheduled if possible
- April 15th – WUDI Book Club (Becoming): Postponed and will be rescheduled after Michelle Obama’s new tour date is announced
- May 21st – Golf Tournament: Rescheduled to Thursday, September 17th. Full details here.