BC Health Resources
- New B.C. COVID-19 self-assessment tool found online here
- Latest non-medical COVID-19 updates, including travel recommendations, please call or text the provincial government through a newly created hotline at 1-888-268-4319 (1-888-COVID19) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily
- Latest orders and directives from the provincial health officer
- If you or a family member have symptoms or need medical advice, call 811
- For prevention and treatment, visit BC Centre for Disease Control or follow @CDCofBC
- Latest COVID-19 BC Government Updates
During this difficult time, we encourage members to make gifting and purchasing decisions with the impact to local businesses in mind. Supporting your favourite businesses now can help ensure they will be around for years to come.
You can buy gift certificates for local Victoria businesses here.
You can find a guide to local restaurants that remain open for takeout/delivery through both EAT Magazine and Tasting Victoria, and the Times Columnist has a broader list of businesses that remain open here.
Real Estate Industry and Business Coronavirus Resources
- FortisBC: Customer Recover Fund
- Western Investor: Home Purchase Contract and COVID-19
- WorksafeBC: Preventing exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace: A Guide for Employers
- KPMG: Business implication of Coronavirus
- Landlord BC: Rent Deferral Agreement
- Fundingportal Analysis: All COVID-19 stimulus funding available in your region, in one place
- HAVAN: Construction Site Best Practices are the Only Practices
- LTSA: Guidance for Witnessing Requirements under the Land Title Act During the COVID-19 Situation
- UDI members collaborated on this Site Safety document
- National Apartment Association: Guidance for Dealing with the Coronavirus
- BC Economic Development Association: COVID-19 Resources for BC Businesses
- Provincial Information Bulletin – March 22, 2020: Guidance to construction sites operating during COVID-19
- Farris LLP Memo: COVID-19 and Governmental Measures in Housing Sector
- Clark Wilson LLP: COVID-19 Resources
- National Real Estate Investor: Commercial Real Estate Industry Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Real Estate Magazine: Coronavirus reactions and resources from across Canada’s real estate industry.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Employers & Businesses
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness Guide for Business
- CMHC: Multi-nit mortgage payment deferment Q&A
- WorkSafeBC: COVID-19 Bulletin – Covering Circumstances where workers should not be at work, Right to refuse work, Workplace protections, Compensation
- Business Credit Availability Program: $10 billion to support financing in the private sector
- Temporary wage subsidy: Will help prevent lay-offs by providing employers a subsidy per employee
- Tax Flexibility: Businesses income tax deferral – You can also access to tax advice from the Liaison Officer over the phone
- Small Business BC: Resources for Businesses
- BDC: Support for Entrepreneurs
- All non-emergency planned power outages affecting residential customers will be cancelled.
- New customer connections and reconnections will continue through the normal processes, but due to current conditions some work will take longer than usual. In an effort to protect employees, contractors, and customers, BC Hydro will not be completing optional upgrades or alterations at this time.
- BC Hydro will not be completing any work where it would require outages to other customers.
Below are the COVID-19 response pages for the local municipalities. We also posting details regarding municipal processes on our COVID19 Municipal Updates page.
- Oak Bay
- View Royal
- Central Saanich
- North Saanich
- BC Gov News: Information for renters and landlords during COVID-19
- BC Gov News: BC taking further action to support essential service providers during pandemic
- BC Gov News: Province supporting people with relief on power bills during COVID-19
- BC Gov News: List of essential services in B.C. during COVID-19 pandemic announced
- BC Gov News: Assistance announced for renters and landlords
- Government of B.C.: COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information — You can also call or text the provincial government through a newly created hotline at 1-888-268-4319 (1-888-COVID19) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily
- BC Gov News: COVID-19 Action Plan: B.C.’s first steps to support people, businesses
- Handling Absences & Other Disruptions guidelines for varies types of employee absences.
- Government of Canada: Additional Support for Canadian Businesses from the Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Government of Canada: 75% wage subsidy announced
- Government of Canada: Resources for Canadian businesses
- Information about applying for EI: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Employment and Social Development Canada
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan — $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses (cost and implementation)