If you’re looking to join the industry, this is the place to start your search. We post opportunities from our sponsors and members, offering you access to careers across all facets of the real estate development industry. Apply to the listed opportunities, or contact Kathy Whitcher at email@example.com for general employment advice.
Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA) is seeking a Manager, Communications & Engagement who is responsible for developing and managing all communications, engagement and stakeholder relations strategies and initiatives to support the vision and mission of Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA). This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate communications leader to apply their expertise in communications, media relations, and stakeholder engagement in support of Victoria’s working harbour.
At the helm of communications and engagement, the Manager will advise the CEO and Board of Directors on media relations strategies and on the management of issues that may impact the organization’s key role as a respected advocate for the best marine-related use and development of the entire harbor.
The right candidate will bring a post-secondary degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Business Administration, as well as a minimum of five years recent, related experience in marketing and communications, or a comparable role, plus at least two years successfully managing people. We are looking for candidates who also bring experience in strategic and business planning; developing communications and marketing plans; project management; community engagement and client relations; and event planning. Preferred is experience working with a Board of Directors and Indigenous Peoples.
To apply in confidence, please send a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 23, 2022 at 5pm.
Greater Victoria Harbour Authority is a federally regulated organization, as such all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
More information about the GVHA as well as a job description are available
Position: Junior Development Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Development Manager, Western Canada
Location: Victoria Office
Department: Starlight Development, Canadian Multi-Family
Revision date: March 2022
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, you will be responsible for duties including, but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
Initial project review and analysis;
- Review project drawings and scope
- Analyze project components in comparison to Starlight Design Guidelines and report on results
- Assist in preparation of RFP’s and Proposals for Consultants and Contractors
- Coordinate site visits and meetings with project team
- Obtain information about construction sites, necessary approval forms and information about related existing assets
- Attend team meetings, compile and circulate minutes
- Follow up on action items with project team
- Research and assist in the vendor approvals of potential consultants and contractors
- Assist in preparation for tenant communications and meetings
- Attend construction bi-weekly meetings including site visits
- Prepare findings for internal and external partner presentations
General Research and Analysis;
- Research emerging policies in key geographical areas that may impact Starlight sites and projects.
- Complete bid summary for review and approval
- Ambassador and representation of Starlight Developments and Construction division
- Working toward their University degree in Urban Planning, Business/Commerce, Architecture, Design, Engineering, Finance or similar education or a related field
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of projects simultaneously
- Sets high standards for work quality, is self-directed, and committed to continuous improvement
- Works effectively in a team environment and able to modify interpersonal style to work effectively
Interested candidates may apply directly to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line “Junior Development Coordinator, Western Canada” and include a copy of your resume.
Who are we?
We are Aryze. We are a local Victoria-based group of millennials trying to build homes. We like to think of ourselves as entrepreneurs with an underlying goal of building better communities; this includes building a swim float with a floating tree in Victoria’s Gorge waterway, restoring historical heritage projects, and engaging in Victoria’s political conversations. Naturally this expanded to include tackling the mystifying real estate industry, where we see an opportunity to build infill homes in the urban areas just outside Victoria’s downtown which are in line with our creative and social values. While we are bringing a number of unique infill development projects to market, Aryze’s roots are in quality, unique construction. Our focus to build homes with high standards of craft, quality, design, and efficiency has distinguished our homes from others on the block.
Who are you?
You have a passion for taking on challenging projects that are unique, sometimes a bit weird, and delivered in an entrepreneurial environment where excellence is expected. You are the ultimate planner and coordinator and are an excellent communicator. You have a serious passion for shaping the community that you live in and its built environment. You have a lot of integrity and honesty, and understand that we are a business that thrives on executing the most innovative and challenging plans and bringing them to market. Most of all, you want to do it in a place where you’re more than an employee number; a place you love working. Still here? Good. Because if this resonates with you, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.